Wednesday 13 July 2011

Amir Khan trains ahead of bout with Judah

British born Pakistan boxer Amir Khan continued his training in Los Angeles ahead of his July 23 bout against Zab 'Super' Judah.

The British light-welterweight champion, who has beaten some of the biggest names in the division, said he's ready to take down Judah, and win the super lightweight world championship unification match.

"I really think I'll get a knock-out in this fight. I never go into a fight looking for a knock-out because that's where you start making mistakes. I'm going to go in there boxing and if the knock out comes, it comes. But we're ready for the full 12 round distance. We always condition my body for the full distance. We worked very hard for this fight and I don't think anything could go wrong," said Khan.

For the past three years, Khan has been under the supervision of famed boxing trainer Freddie Roach, who famously took Manny Pacquiao to the top. Roach said he had full confidence in Khan and even said he could move up the ranks faster than Pacquiao.

"Amir's a little more ahead of Manny Pacquiao. It took Manny Pacquiao eight years to get where we were kind of unbeatable...I've been with Amir for three years now and he's improving all the time and getting closer and closer. And I think he'll be pound for pound the king in a couple of years. So I think he's a little ahead of schedule."

The fight is shaping up to be a tough match. Judah has won titles across the Light Welterweight and Welterweight divisions and is a former undisputed Welterweight champion. He has a record of 41-6, 28 KOs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment