Wednesday 10 August 2011

Wednesday, 10 August 2011 Style And Fashion Are Forever Changing

In today's day and age, fashion plays a big roles in what we choose to buy. Whether it be the clothes we buy, the car we drive or how we cut our hair. Fashion has a large role in our day to day decisions of what to purchase and when. Many times I have asked myself why I don't wear a shirt that's been in the back of my closet for years. It still fits, I like it, it's comfortable but I just don't choose to wear it. The answer to this, is simply because it's no longer in fashion. Everyone, whether they want to admit it or not, is influenced by what their peers think of them. There are those among us who choose to dress and act noticeably different from the majority. Does this mean they have no sense of fashion, and just don't care? No I don't think it does. I think they have their own fashion, and ideals. Their way of dress is still a type of fashion, though not that of the majority.
If we had an unlimited supply of money, would we choose to buy all brand name items, or still shop at second hand stores? I for one enjoy shopping at second hand stores. I feel good about myself if I'm able to buy something that is cute, but was also cheap. If I had all the money in the world, it probably would make very little difference to me whether or not I spend $1 on a new shirt or $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment